Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You've got to be F***ING KIDDING ME!!

update:

So the bird hit the window and landed on the side of the deck and then fell down below the deck into a pile of leaves. I grabbed a box, towel and of course my black leather mittens, (aka bird rescue gloves) and hiked down the hill, literally scaling the side of the house because it is that steep. I slipped a couple times in the mud, but did not fall, but I'm thinking that is why my back is killing me. Anyway, I get down to the pile of leaves where I saw the bird land off the deck but he was no where to be found. Could he have flown away in the time it took me to gather the bird gear?? Or could a hawk or crow have swooped in and gobbled him up??? I searched and searched and searched through an endless pile of leaves, carefully sliding the leaves away with my foot so I wouldn't accidentally step on the bird but I never did find him. I was even making chirping sounds in hopes that he would answer. I came back inside thoroughly depressed and then surprisingly, my afternoon took a turn for the better. I'll update in a bit. My back is seizing up and it's shooting through my shoulder blades. I'm going to hook up to the tens machine for a little relief...

----------

ANOTHER BIRD JUST SMASHED INTO THE WINDOW.

FLEW RIGHT INTO THE DAMN ULTRA VIOLET CLING.

I'M LOSING MY FLIPPING MIND PEOPLE!!!

9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

awww....so sad. perhaps you are like "evan Oh mighty" or Dr. Doolittle? they are drawn to you and your flippin' windows.
good luck w/ this one.
Suz

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

ChiTown Girl said...

Ok, seriously, wtf?! Do you think Chum is somehow luring them in, so he can have a snack? ;-)

Erin said...

What????!!! So sorry to hear that.

Bon Don said...

It's offical. They are suicide attempts. It's the weather.

Me said...

I am cracking up at Bon Don's comment. Though, I'm about ready to lunge through one of these windows windows myself!!!

Clippy Mat said...

scarecrow.
put one up in your yard near the window.
or
take that signaling device away from chumley
;-)

The Engine of the Family said...

What is up with the freaky bird thing? And don't be touching them...bird flu girlfriend!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I choose to believe the bird was fine and flew away.
I have never heard of the tens machine. looked at the video and I still don't know what it is. :)