Monday, January 19, 2009

studying???


I'm sitting at a coffee shop next to 2 giggly college students, each with their lap tops open to facebook, as they post messages, view pics and instant message. One of the girls gets a phone call and after saying hello she says, "We're just studying." I'm guessing it was her mother.

Guaranteed I wouldn't have made it through my freshman year of college if blogging, texting and web camming were around back then. Or maybe I would have started a movement to make them a combined major. A degree in Social Networking? I probably would have been crowned Valedictorian. Do they even wear crowns? Or no that's prom queen. But Valedictorians must have something special on their caps that separate them from the slack asses. I'll check google.

Like I said, it's a good thing this wasn't around back in the day.

6 comments:

Bon Don said...

I was always studying and reading like a good girl! Wait does it matter if it was the back of a Goldschläger bottle?

Bonnie said...

Between Facebook and alcohol, I'll never understand how my GPA didn't plummet my junior and senior years. Or maybe it did and I was too busy drunkenly writing on people's walls to notice.

Lizy said...

Yes very true! Internet is poison! One of the reasons it took me 7 years to finish college.. :-S

Clippy Mat said...

oh God, back in MY day we had to stand in line at the payphone to call our boyfriends.
now i feel truly ancient.
;-)

ChiTown Girl said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but I just realized that your other blog is now by invite only. What are you hiding, Lady?! AND, more importantly, why am I not on the guest list?!? Oo, this doesn't have anything to do with that spineless asswipe that left you an anonymous message, does it?

Me said...

Re: the other blog, I took it offline, and it sort of morphed into another blog, (more of a dark side type of writing space -literally and figuratively) so I've decided to keep that private. Didn't want anyone taking me away in a straight jacket!!!

But I could certainly update the PMS blog because that has been back FULL FORCE the last few months!!