Thursday, January 29, 2009

Love this song

I Know You By Heart (Eva Cassidy)



Midnights in Winter
The glowing fire
Lights up your face in orange and gold.
I see your sweet smile
Shine through the darkness
It's line is etched in my memory.

So I'd know you by heart.

Mornings in April
Sharing our secrets
We'd walk until the morning was gone.
We were like children
Laughing for hours
The joy you gave me lives on and on.

‘Cause I know you by heart.

I still hear your voice
On warm Summer nights
Whispering like the wind.

(Oh oh ohh…)

You left in Autumn
The leaves were turning
I walked down roads of orange and gold.
I saw your sweet smile
I heard your laughter
You're still here beside me every day.

‘Cause I know you by heart,
‘Cause I know you by heart.

5 comments:

Bon Don said...

Oooo me likey! that sure is purdy!

lizziebelle said...

i love this one too. so much.

Gberger said...

I love all of her songs, and this one is killer, to me. Her version of "Over the Rainbow" is the last word.

Anonymous said...

This song always reminds me of my grandmother, who passed away in autumn.

Clippy Mat said...

beautiful.
really.
:-)