Monday, January 05, 2009

by special request

Tom actually asked me to share his latest Target buy on here because he thinks it's the greatest invention in all of mankind. So here goes:

It's these Toilet Cleaning Gels by Scrubbing Bubbles. He thinks these things are so fantastic and wanted me to share his excitement via my blog. We have one in every can and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. he uses the bathroom he proclaims his love for these suckers with a bit too much enthusiasm. To quote Tom: "These gels are A PLUS!!!"

On a separate note, how do you say the word "apricot"? Is it pronounced App-ricot (as in apples) or Ape-ricot (like ape)? It always bugs me and today while at the grocery store a woman asked me if I knew where the APE-ricots were and I was tempted to tell her that I've never heard of them before but the App-ricots are by the peaches. By the way I did a pronunciation check in dictionary.com for clarification. Click this and hit the "hear" tab. Glad that cleared it up.

After grocery shopping I decided to clean out the pantry and discovered that we had a bunch of expired food. I pitched it and then realized that most of what I threw away had an expiration range of April-October 2009. Wow! How time flies! For some reason I was thinking that 2009 was last year. So now wish me luck as I prepare to dumpster dive.

Oh and tonight the new season of the Bachelor starts and it looks like it's going to be a good one. Did you see how Deanna comes back and tries to woo Jason into getting back together? I have to wonder if the producers had something to do with this or if she genuinely wants him back. Either way, it should be fun to watch.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey... anything to get out of cleaning a disgustingly dirty toilet. I'm going to check those out! Maybe Scrubbing Bubbles will send you guys a check! Or free products.

I say apricot with the APP, not APE. I have these discussions with people frequently. Coupons. Jaguar. Cuisine. Dawn. Almonds.

The video of Chumley searching your purse for cough drops is hilarious. So determined.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Must. Get. Cleaning. Gels. TODAY.
it is app, as in apple. next time the grocery store lady says it yell at her the correct pronunciation. It is the best way to make friends.
I watched part of the bachelor. I didn't see her come back...shucks.

Gberger said...

"You say tomato, I say tomahto..."

I used to like the Clorox bleach tabs for the toilet, since our well water is FULL of minerals that stain. However, now that the cats love to DRINK out of the toilets, and some folks around here tend to leave the lid up, I gave up on that. Does Chum drink out of the toilet, too?

Busy Bee Suz said...

I forgot to thank you for your reccomendation on the movie "planes, trains and automobiles" I loved that movie...I will have to rent it for the weekend soon!!!!

lizziebelle said...

i wanted to comment on the cat post but the button wasnt there. what i wanted to say was nice facebook on the laptop in the background. teheheheheheh

Bon Don said...

Yay, I love new cleaning products. I'll have to check out those Scrubbing Bubbles!

Ugh there is this girl who works with me who says pictures as “PICK-tures” and always emphasize the “ing” in words, like "I was call-INGah you"

I just want to slap her.

Rebekah said...

I watched The Bachelor last night. As usual, there were the bitches, tramps and psychos. I can't believe I missed DeAnna coming back...that must have been during the previews for the season??

I hope you learn to love Seattle. I worked there for about 9 months over the past couple years and really enjoyed it. There are so many great places to check out. Let me know if you ever want some suggestions. :)

HWHL said...

Your husband is adorable. "A Plus!"

App-ricots. Not ape-ricots. Everyone knows that. (But I prefer nectarines... much more tasty...)

And yes, I got sucked into the Bachelor last night too... it was like a TRACTOR BEAM and just pulled me in. Boy, is that Megan a skank or what? I think Jason should have repo-ed the rose he gave her after she called all the girls "F'ing B's".

She's 'straight outta da trailer'.

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

ihategreenbeans.com's Lincee is a Bachelor recapper. You might enjoy her take on the show.

Najia said...

The dumpster dive pic is priceless.

Do the gels bounce off your butt thought? Or am I just not understanding how they work....?