Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Chumley bit my eyebrow


About once a month I do full body checks on the animals, feeling for lumps, bumps, nodules, corn cobs, etc. Of course Wrigs splays out like a flying squirrel and lets me go to town, enjoying what he thinks is a full body massage. Chum? Well that's another story. I'm thinking I need to wear one of these from now on, or maybe I should just skip his massage entirely. I'm thinking that's not such a bad idea.

Chum's still pretty pissed off right now. He's huffing and puffing and knocking things off the counter and then hitting my computer. Is there such a thing as kitty roid rage??

He's also becoming more aggressive around food. He even tries to eat Wrigley's food out of his bowl while Wrigs eats! Wrigs isn't a fan of anyone milling around his food so he eats really fast and then starts to cough and make this horrible choking sound. He coughed up a few kernels and Chum ate them off the ground.


And we all know how he hates to share water...


I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think I have a high maintenance cat.

9 comments:

Gina said...

lol i think you do too!
but it makes for entertaining blog posts

Gberger said...

Are you okay? I know you know the drill: Neosporin, oxy peroxide or alcohol (do you still have any of that wine?!--oh, wait, not THAT kind; rubbing alcohol!). But maybe a glass of wine is called for, when you are through with 1st Aid. I feel for you!

Kim said...

No clue how I even got to your blog but I've been reading for a couple of weeks now. Anyway you are hilarious !!! Poor Wrigley has to suffer due to Chum's nasty attitude. I have a dachshund at home who has to endure the same type of treatment from one of my cats. The cats give him no respect !!! Just wanted to let you know I love reading your blog !!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

STARTING TO THINK HE IS HIGH MAINTENANCE???? What was your first clue???/
I have to say, you may take better care of those 2 than I do of my kids. :0
full body check?
Does Tom also get the courtesy of this?? new moles...bumps...etc...
or is he neglected like mine?

ChiTown Girl said...

Yeah, Suz, Tom gets the same treatment, but she checks him with her tongue. DuH!

Anonymous said...

If you ever find a 2-for-1 sale on that body armor, let me know. I'll split it with ya.

Anonymous said...

I think he's just crotchity. Is that how you spell it?

Clippy Mat said...

You must be mistaken!
I'm sure Chum was just trying to pluck a stray hair and you moved too quickly.
As if!
come 'ere Chumley and I'll pet you buddy.
ouch.
sod!
;-))

Najia said...

Eyebrows are on the FBI Ten Most Wanted List, or didn't you know that?