Thursday, January 15, 2009

my new toy

***Update: Stupid cell phone will not hold a charge. Rebecca in Chicago if you're reading this: keep your trap shut!!!!***

I got a new cell phone today. Those of you who know me, know that I've had issues with every single cell phone ever purchased. Half of them end up thrown across a room and the other half, I end up keeping until wires have sprung out the sides and smoke signals appear while texting.

My last cell phone was this cute little white Samsung tic tac looking thing. I can't find any pics because they don't make them anymore but what I loved about this phone was that it fit into every single pocket of clothing I own. The downside? It sucked as a phone. There was always a delay while speaking and sometimes I'd hear an echo which was extremely annoying so I basically stopped using it as a phone. Last month I only used 44 of my 1500 anytime minutes and unfortunately T-mobile doesn't offer roll overs. If they did I would probably have a total of 443,672,988 minutes to spare over the last few years.

I'm not very practical when it comes to picking out cell phones. There are only 3 requirements that must be met:

1) Must fit in my jeans pocket.
2) Must have a keypad, no touch screens.
&
3) Must come in a cute color.

So today, while shopping at Costco for a rice cooker, I found my new phone:


It's the Samsung Gravity which came out in November and while it's double the size of my old phone, it can still fit snuggly into my pocket PLUS it has a full size keyboard which is perfect for texting. I text a lot more than I talk. Bonus.

So if you're on the market for a new phone and are curious about this one check out this guy's video demonstration on the Gravity. But I'm warning you now, try not to fall in love with the guy. He seems like quite the lady's man.

I like how he sounds all robot like (at :36) when he says really fast, "It feels-really nice--to text on." And I think he color coordinated his sweater to match the aqua accents in the phone. I'm telling you...this guy is a rock star!!!

Ok I'm going to finish watching the video demo (if I can handle the hotness!!) and learn about my new phone.

10 comments:

Bon Don said...

Did you have a Pebble?

I had an Orange Pebble and I ran that thing to the ground I loved the way if would slide down then flip right open...

I miss my phone.

Now I'm sad.

Cute new phone though!

Me said...

I had the pebble for about 4 days. What I Loved about it was you could drop it and it would almost bounce! Cons- limited internet access. They had the cutest colors too!

Busy Bee Suz said...

that is really cute.
um. the kid. um. he. um. must. um. live. um. with.um.his. um. you know. um. Mom.

Moooooog35 said...

Saw the title. Got excited.

Then it turned out to be a phone.

Nice psych.

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my God, Mooooog!! I'm SOOO on the same page! I was hoping to see the newest version of the Rabbit or something. Thanks for nothin', Smiley!

Unknown said...

Nice phone! I love his demo...and his voice! I think I might leave my husband for him, or at the very least put him on my "list".. :)

Me said...

Sorry to disappoint the pervs with the title of this post. I really should have known better with you two sickos.

Kate, I'm telling you, I think we may have to stalk this sexy cell phone casanova.

He just oozes sex appeal.

ChiTown Girl said...

I can't wait to get home and watch this video that you're all drooling over. (We can't watch videos here at school! Curses!!) Sounds like I'll be busting out my own Rabbit after watching it.... ;-)

The Engine of the Family said...

I've never had anything but a Nokia phone, you can always get cute covers for any phone too. Maybe it's that metal plate in your head that keeps interferring with the cell phone's ability to operate? Ooops, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about that, was I? Love ya!

lizziebelle said...

you dropped it in the toilet already?