Friday, May 23, 2008

Where do you want to live?

It's cold and rainy again today so I'm curled up on the couch snuggling with Wrigs, neglecting many of the necessary things I need to be doing right now but can't find the energy or motivation to do a single one. So a friend sent me a website survey that generates a list of the top 24 ideal places for you to live in the US based on the information you provide.

Here are my top 5 places to live (based on my criteria):

Seriously??? Little Rock?? Who knew. Nothing against Little Rock - I spent quite a bit of time there when my Dad was sick because that is where his research center was located. But sure as shit I don't think I could see myself moving there anytime soon.

Other places on my list were: Los Angeles, CA - Las Vegas, NV -Oakland, CA - Long Beach, CA - San Jose, CA - San Francisco, CA - (see a pattern here?) and then there were a few on the east coast like Long Island, NY - NYC - Baltimore, MD - Charleston, SC and Charlotte, NC. Funny how it mentioned nothing of Chicago, where I spent the majority of my life, or Minneapolis, where I drank most of the winter away in an effort to keep warm.

Here's the survey in case you're in need of a change of scenery...

Find your Spot

5 comments:

Christina said...

I took your quiz. Maybe we should move in together:

Little Rock, AK
Baton Rouge, LA
Honolulu, HI
San Diego, CA
Orange County, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Long Beach, CA
Oakland, CA
Baltimore, MD
Washington DC
Portland, OR
Norfolk, VA
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Augusta, GA
Chesapeake-Virginia Beach, VA
Houston, TX
Orlando, FL
San Jose, CA
Charleston, SC
Charlotte, NC
Jacksonville, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Valencia, CA

Anonymous said...

I am definitely doing this and will post it.

Anonymous said...

Does Arkansas have a conspiracy going with this site or what?

ChiTown Girl said...

WTF? Neither you nor Christina have chitown on your list! I'm doing this right now, and I'll get back to you with my results!

ChiTown Girl said...

Yeah, this thing is total bullshit! Nowhere on the 4 pages of places was chicago. NOWHERE!! That's just crap! I love this city more than I can say. Most of the places listed were in Ohio, with the next highest number of places being in Indiana! WTF!? I've been to both, and I'd NEVER move to either. (No offense to those that live there, it's just not for me.)