Monday, May 19, 2008

My Aunt Janie

I have to tell you a quick story about my mom's older sister, my aunt Janie. She is quite the character. A few years ago we had a family reunion for all the ladies on my mom's side of the family. We spent a long weekend in Laguna Beach and it was one of my favorite memories since living here. At the time my Aunt Janie lived in North Carolina and it was the first time she was this far away from her beloved terrier, Tiger (named after Tiger Woods, but her dog is female). Her husband, Dan, was in charge of taking care of the dog while she was away and Aunt Janie was worried sick about Tiger. She would call and check in several times a day to makes sure that Tiger was fed, walked, happy, massaged, etc. On the third or fourth day of the trip she called home and there was no answer. She left a message for Dan to call her back right away. An hour or so went by and there was no call so she called back again. She left another message and was starting to get nervous. We all tried to calm and assure her that everything's ok and that he's probably just out walking Tiger. On her 3rd attempt when she couldn't get through she was frantic. After she left her message she hung up the phone and said, "I'm sooo worried!" We told her that we're sure Dan is fine. She then said, "Dan probably fell and is lying dead on the floor and poor Tiger hasn't been fed all day!!!"

Yes, this is my family and I'm proud to admit it.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like something I would say too...
very cute.

HWHL said...

Priorities! :-)

You and I have the same wedding anniversary! Hubster and I got married on 5-22-92. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby as well! :-)

Mary Beth said...

Oh! Your family would SO fit into the fur-happy group that is mine. I posted a picture of what Chumley may be doing while you're not at home (in between emailing Beverly, that is).

TTQ said...

And she probably meant it. Husbands can use phones, most animals can not. Unless it's a group effort with a good alpha animal leading the pack.

TTQ said...

And she probably meant it. Husbands can use phones, most animals can not. Unless it's a group effort with a good alpha animal leading the pack.

Karyn said...

Well, what happened? Was Tiger okay?