Friday, May 09, 2008

Electronics Melt Down

I'm having serious computer issues today and I'm about to blow my wad. I'm working from home and need to send out about 40 emails by end of day and my fricking mail server keeps timing out and then shutting down the mail program. Always, always, always when I have time sensitive work that needs to be done.

I'm also having trouble with my internet browser, Safari. I can't pull up many of the blogs I read and those that I can pull up I can't comment on so I switched over to Firefox and that worked eventually but it would take what felt like minutes for each page to load. Don't have the patience for that right now. Or probably ever.

And if I even attempt to use Instant Messenger the machine starts to whiz and after 5 minutes I end up with burns to my legs.

I've emptied the cache and tossed all my cookies and nothing seems to help.

My stupid cell phone has been acting up too. The phone itself was nasty dirty so I used some Green works spray on a paper towel to scrub it clean and I was careful not to get drops of liquid into any buttons or crevices. But since then it feels like it's on a delay mode, every key function and corresponding screen shot is a second or two behind. That's just stupid. From now on I'll clean it the old fashioned way and see if that helps.

Should I even mention the Roomba??? Hell why not. I'm beginning to think Tom and our Roomba have an inappropriate relationship. Tom is overly sensitive about the Roomba when I go on my tirades. He will defend it and say things like, "You just sit there and watch it get stuck, you don't help prevent it from happening." Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of having a Roomba, the freedom it allows you to do other things while it vacuums? If I have to watch it spin in circles and chase it around the house like a wild toddler I'd rather grab the Oreck and do it myself. At least I'd get a work out. How great would it be if the Oreck could suck up the Roomba? By the way, this girl's having way too much fun vacuuming. She needs a kick in the head.

Tom also let me know that I shouldn't overwork the Roomba and that I should charge it before it runs out of juice. Yesterday while Roomba-ing the family room it stopped and did its 2 beep thing and Tom rushed to its aid and pushed the button and surprise surprise, it's time to "Remove and Clean Roomba's brushes." He happily carried it into the laundry room and cleaned it all up and instead of putting it back on the floor to finish the job he set it in front of the docking station and hit the "dock" button and said, "Ok find your home. We'll give you a rest for a while." That's not right.

I'm waiting for the day he comes home wearing a t-shirt like this:

4 comments:

TTQ said...

My husband hates my Roomba. It freak him out. And I think it makes him happy to watch me do it. Today I was showing him the Lawn Robot that cuts grass, since our regular died. No go, APPARENTLY one of the co-founders lives in our suburb and he fired his Lawn Robot and has hired a new Lawn Company.

Christina said...

I have two boys. They love cell phones. They sometimes like to put liquid in cell phones. I have a solution for you: put it in the fridge overnight. It will dehydrate the phone and you'll be good to go. Spoken from a woman who knows from experience.

Mary Beth said...

Well that explains why my house isn't vaccumed - I don't have that outfit.

lizziebelle said...

i cant stop laughing.

he defends the roomba.

that is too much.