Friday, May 30, 2008

Morning Sky, etc.

Today goes down on record as one of the most beautiful mornings I have witnessed with all of my senses. Wrigs was able to do a short walk along the neighborhood trails and the temperature was crisp but your skin warmed up in the sun. The birds were going bonkers with their chirps and songs, the smell of jasmine and orange wafted in the breeze and the sky was an amazing display of blues. One side of the sky was a pale periwinkle and then it gradually became more of a sky blue (now I know where they got that name) and then the closer to the sun it became a deeper blue, with hints of turquoise, like this. There was not a single cloud in sight and several times I stopped and stared at the beauty and brightness of this sky. The mountains appeared black in contrast and this magnificent display of nature was almost too much for the senses. Wrigs couldn't handle it either, he pooped 3 times.

I have to say he's the easiest dog ever to give pills. All you have to do is slap about 1/4 of a slice of American cheese around it and he devours it in one swallow. He doesn't even get to enjoy the taste of the cheese, he just sucks it into his throat like a vacuum. My childhood dog was SOOOOOO finicky when it came to medicine, we almost had to bake it in brie to get her to take a pill. Usually we would hide it inside a piece of hot dog and THEN wrap it in cheese and the majority of the time we'd find the little white pill in the corner of the kitchen floor. Dogs are funny birds.

I'm waiting for a load of laundry to finish so I can shower and leave for work. The washing machine is making some unusual alien like noises that I've never heard before. Wrigs is standing outside the laundry room door cocking his head from side to side like WTF? I'm surprised Chumley hasn't made an appearance to show his disgust for these obnoxious sounds. Speaking of little Chum, he threw up and pooped on the living room rug this morning. I think he's feeling neglected because all the attention has been on Wrigs the last couple days. And that would be his standard way of showing it. I do hope he's ok though.

4 comments:

HWHL said...

Your morning walk sounds like it was amazing... a Feast For The Senses (until Wrigley pooped, of course.)

I love morning skies like that. And even if you DID have your camera, the photo never quite captures the "grace" of the moment, you know?

Nature is so cool.

porcelain said...

Wow... that does sound like the most beautiful day. I'm feigning off jealousy.

Mary Beth said...

I hope Chumley's feeling okay - our three were a little off with the arrival of Dudley. But I'm starting to see empty bowls again (when George goes off his food, you know something is truly wrong with him.)

Anonymous said...

We've had lots of pooping and vomiting at my house this week too! Thats pretty normal though!