Monday, May 26, 2008

Sydney Pollack

I am shocked and sad to learn of the passing of Sydney Pollack today. I never realized he was diagnosed with cancer just 9 short months ago. We met back in 2005 on the set of Will & Grace and he was such a genuinely kind man, always upbeat, friendly and never without a smile on his face. He played Will's father on the show and one of the saddest scenes ever was when Will learned of his death from a sudden heart attack. There was not a dry eye in the audience or on set that day. Sydney was such a first class talent, he treated everyone with respect and was so polite, always saying please and thank you, even for the little things. I've worked with a few people in this business who could definitely learn a thing or two about class from someone like Sydney.

My prayers go out to his family and I hope his last days on this earth were peaceful.

Sydney, you will be missed!

4 comments:

Gberger said...

I never met him and I liked him, too. How could you not love him from knowing his work? He always came across as grounded, kind and humorous...even able to be humorous about himself. God bless his family. How lucky you were, to have the privilege of working with him.
Love from K.

Suzanne said...

Oh, I did not know this....I did like him. He seemed very genuine.

Stephanie said...

I loved him on Will & Grace. And he has been really great in everything I've seen him do. Matt Lauer was talking about him on the Today Show this morning, and he was saying when you watch him, he seems effortless. He doesn't seem like he's acting. I agree. He was really fantastic. It's very sad.

I saw the sun shining this morning and thought of you. I hope it makes your day today, and the upcoming ones better.

Anonymous said...

Such a classic Hollywood talent. Not many around like him anymore.
You were lucky to have worked with him!