Thursday, May 29, 2008

The difference a day makes...

Wrigs is on a couple different medicines for the next 5 days and I think they throw off his poo schedule. I let him out this afternoon and when he came back to the door to come inside he sat down right away (still outside). That usually means there is something "stuck" to his underside. I tried to get him to stand up and when he did I lifted his tail and 2 tootsie roll nuggets fell out. I grabbed some paper towels and picked up the poop and headed to the garbage cans at the side of the house. They were still out in the street and I was on the phone with my cousin so I couldn't walk to get the cans because the cordless phone gets all fuzzy if I start to walk down the driveway. So I just left the wadded up poo towel on the side of the yard and figured I'd bring in the cans after I'm off the phone and throw it away then.

Tom came home, we ate dinner (did I wash my hands?) and then he went outside to do some yard work. Wrigs happily followed behind wanting to help. I look out the window and Tom's chasing Wrigs around the yard and I was so happy to see Wrigs energized and playful again. Then I see the white paper towel sticking out of Wrigs mouth. Tom tells him to STAY while he grabs for the towel. I rush outside to tell him not to grab the towel but it was too late. Tom freaks out and snaps, "What the hell is a paper towel full of shit doing on the lawn???" And his next question, "Whose is it?!?"

This time yesterday Wrigs couldn't even lift his head off the ground and now here he is running around the yard with a mouthful of his own poop. Things are looking up.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh...love this story...sounds like something that would happen to me. On any given day no less.
BTW. I don't really have mice in my house....but I DO have "mice on ice" for the pet snake. Do you think that counts? The polterguist lady was trying to help me...you must be a psych. major.
Thanks Dr. Laura.

Anonymous said...

I like that he followed it with "Whose is it?" like it COULD possibly be yours...

Gberger said...

It's good to hear that Wrigs can enjoy a game of poop-tag now. Sorry that Tom had to be tagged with "IT."
Next may be poop-and-go-seek? Oh, the games people play.

Me said...

That question about "whose is it" really makes me wonder what Tom must think of my bathroom habits. He also said, "Why didn't you just flush it down the toilet?" And I told him that I wasn't sure if the paper towel would clog the toilet. He said, "Thanks to you our toilets can handle a LOT." Nice.

Karen, I think you have just invented a new game that's fun for all to play! OMG the visuals that are dancing in my head right now are really too much! This would have been SUCH a fun game to have played at Wrigley's birthday party!!! It's on the list for next year.

HWHL said...

Tell Tom that paper towels will clog any toilet. My kids have proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt, on more than one occasion.