Monday, December 10, 2007

Wrigley's New Friend

My friend Bridget came into town from Wisconsin for the one and only Enrique concert here in the US. (I'll post pics later) She spent the weekend with us and we all really enjoyed having her here. She was such a great sport putting up with Chumley's crotchety attitude and Wrigley's constant nudges for attention. Wrigley knows her as "New Friend". I would ask, "Wrigley, where's your New Friend??" and he'd leap across the room directly onto Bridget's lap showering her with licks and love. He really misses her. In fact, I overheard both animals having a chat this morning while I was doing the dishes.

Wrigley:
What do you think happened to my New Friend? Where did she go?

Chumley:
How the hell do I know.

Wrigley:
Do you think she's in Mommy's car? I saw them go in there this morning but Mommy came back and my New Friend didn't.

Chumley:
I doubt she's sitting in Mommy's car by herself. That's just dumb.

Wrigley:
I'm worried. Maybe she is locked in the car??

Chumley:
She's not locked in the car, she has thumbs! If she was she could get herself out you dumb yellow whale!

Wrigley:
That hurts my feelings. Then if she's not in the car, where could she be???

Chumley:
HOME YOU FOOL! She went home to her family and she is not here anymore!

Wrigley:
Nooooooo! Don't say that!

Chumley:
Stop your whining. I miss her too, ok? I really liked stalking her and now I have no one to stalk. Face it, she's not coming back.

Wrigley:
(whimpering) What are we going to do now? I miss her!

Chumley:
So do I big whale, so do I.

5 comments:

Jennifer and Jason said...

I'm actually shocked that your first post this week wasn't entirely about Enrique... Shocking.

Me said...

I have yet to download the photos AND video but once that happens, fear not, my friend...there will be plenty of Enrique to go around!

ChiTown Girl said...

Between you and KBL, I'll be tuning in for my daily dose of the soaps. She has Dogs of Our Lives, and I guess you have....jeez, I can't think of anything other than Nine Lives to Live, but then Wrigs is left out. Come up with something catchy, will ya! Veternary Hospital? nah I'll keep thinking!

ChiTown Girl said...

OH, what about something like The Bold and the Beautiful....The Psycho and the Silly? OK, not quite there yet. It would help if I knew the names of some actual soap operas!

Anonymous said...

Awww...tell Wrigs I miss my new friend too! And Chumley...well, no blood was drawn, so that was a good thing!