Thursday, December 13, 2007
Kitchen fires can happen
Luckily I caught this in time before there were flames.
I was heating up some delicious Trader Joe's Tandoori Naan in the toaster oven to go with some delicious Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. The instructions said to heat the Naan frozen for 1 - 1.5 minutes. I think, "That's It? That's not long enough, they must be wrong." So I put it in the toaster and went about rifling through the christmas boxes in the garage. I headed back into the house after about 5 minutes and was overcome by smoke. It was EVERYWHERE. And the smell was nasty. I grabbed the Naan out of the oven and the middle was charred and sizzling. I turned on the intake fan in the kitchen which helped to suck up some of the smoke but it's been about 45 minutes and my kitchen still looks like this...
Speaking of Trader Joe's, I LOVE their ready made Chicken Lasagna meal. But take note, if you reheat it in the microwave the next day, it smells like baby diarrhea.
Posted by Me at 5:42 PM