Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bloggin' 'bout Nog


Tomorrow night I'm having a little get together at our house after a group of us go caroling at a senior home. I'm in the kitchen, preparing some yummies for the festivities and I thought I'd start with the nog (love that word- rhymes with everything too: log, hog, bog, frog, smog, cog, fog, what else...oh DOG duh and BLOG!!!) So I mixed a few different ingredients in a martini shaker as a trial run and it's absolutely SPLENDID! So I'll share it on here. I just made enough for one serving so I used about 1/4 a cup of each liquid (except for the Amaretto, used a whole cup. Ha! I kid.)

Laura's Nog
-low fat egg nog
-pumpkin spiced egg nog
-skim milk (to cut the fat of the nogs)
-shot of Amaretto
-crushed ice

Shake vigorously until the top flies off the shaker, and sticky goo splatters all over your kitchen counter and floor. Once you are done licking that up, pour remaining mixture over ice and enjoy! Cheers!

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

holy crap! I haven't thought about that freak fest in ages. KBL, the last time we were in LA, Laura brought her computer along to show that to us. It creeped me out then, and I can't even bring myself to click on the link to watch it again!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I want to make some over the weekend. And yes, that Salad Fingers dude is very creepy!

ChiTown Girl said...

oh, and by the way, that drink sounds awesome!!! I may just have to whip up a batch this weekend. All the Garritano cousins are coming WAY DOWN to the SOUTH side to visit. I bet they would like that. Maybe I'll mix up a pitcher of your concoction.