Friday, December 14, 2007

Dumb stupid tree.

We just got our Christmas tree last week and it's already dying. We got it at Lowe's and I'm extremely disappointed so if you haven't bought your tree yet, I would suggest not going to Lowe's. You can't even walk by it without dozens of needles falling off. And, several of the branches have already started their downward descent so I've lost a few ornaments. One fell off at 2 in the morning while I was asleep. All of a sudden I hear a crash and shatter of glass which is just how I want to be woken up at 2am when the husband is out of town. At first I thought maybe Chumley was playing (or peeing) under the tree but when I saw that it used to be one of the smaller gold balls that I only place at the top part of the tree, I knew Chum couldn't have reached that high. So I'm not quite sure what to do about this tree. I don't want to have to take off all the ornaments and lights to return it but I don't think it's safe to even have the lights on anymore. I have to keep the dust buster hidden underneath the tree skirt (which is a bright red shower curtain by the way) because every time I walk into the living room there are more needles on the ground. Here's a pic of the tree. There were already some bare spots to begin with but it's gotten so much worse over the last few days. Bah Humbug.

2 comments:

Najia said...

Our tree did that the first year I was indoctrinated into the ritual of Christmas tree "stuff". Loren Nancarrow is a genius local (and national) plant guy and he's the weatherman on Channel 10 out here. We got a tree recipe from him that I've linked at my site. It's AMAZING. You can make the shittiest tree last for a month!
I'll explain the scientific reasons why some other time, but you should try it!

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the kind words. Genius! Wow! I like that. I appreciate you using the tree stuff and posting it.
Happy New Year
Loren Nancarrow