Saturday, December 22, 2007

sometimes only chocolate will do...


Last night I had one of the worst bouts of PMS. I was ransacking the freezer, pantry, couch cushions, old purses for anything that had a trace of chocolate. I wasn't having much luck then I remembered one of Tom's stocking stuffers was a big box of Hershey's Pot of Gold Caramel Assortment. Have you ever tried these? OH mY God are they good! So I brought the box over to Tom and asked him to please open one of his stocking stuffers early. He said he didn't want to, he'd rather wait until Christmas. I Begged PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE open it NOW and I started to rip the box open a little so he could see what it was. Tom is a certified Chocoholic so once he saw the Hershey label, he tore off the rest of the paper and we both couldn't get the plastic wrap off the box fast enough. We managed to eat the ENTIRE top row in a matter of 15 minutes.

Now I must brave the elements the weekend before Christmas and replace this box with another. Not looking forward to that. I am still looking for one more gift for my mom but am not having much luck. I'll try and update more later.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

congrats on even getting the box wrapped in the first place! i would have just bought two boxes from the start, so i'd have a little something to nibble while wrapping gifts ;-)

Me said...

Ummm...I did buy 2 boxes. There were "buy 1 get 1 free". The other box didn't even make it out of my car. I've already started on the second layer of this box while Tom is at work and am chomping on some right now. Got a glob of chocolate on my keyboard. OMG the chocolate/caramel combo is just sinful. I can't stop eating it. If you offered me 1,000,000 dollars right now to not take another bite I don't think I could put down my piece.