Friday, December 28, 2007

unimaginable loss...

The other day my mom received some sad news from back home. One of her dear friends lost her son from a sudden heart attack 7 days before Christmas. Then 4 days later, while getting dressed for his funeral, his mother (my mom's friend) has a heart attack and dies. What a devastating loss. How do you even communicate that to the rest of the family on the day of the son's funeral??? I can't even imagine. Makes you realize how the life that you know and live every day can forever change in an instant. Be kind to those in your own little world, love them while you have them and while they have you.

4 comments:

Najia said...

Amen. My prayers are with them and with your family. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

That is so crazy and so sad. Her poor heart was probaly broken. I can't even imagine how you deal with that and so close to Christmas on top of it. Pass along my thoughts and prayers to your mom.

ChiTown Girl said...

I realize how bizarre this sounds, but that is probably exactly what would have happened to me, God forbid, I lost Lex. I don't know if I would even make it the few days, I would want to join him the very second I heard he died. I can not even imagine the pain she must have been feeling from such a loss. Nobody wants to outlive their children. I feel for the family. How does a family deal with something like this? So, so sad and tragic. I hope your mom is dealing with it the best she can.

Me said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. I just can't stop thinking about the husband/father. I don't know how you would cope. Really puts life and everything we encounter on a day to day basis into perspective.