Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back to Nature

Our nature hike was supposed to be one of peace and tranquility but I tend to get a little spooked when I see stuff like this upon entering the first trail...


then a few feet over is this lovely warning...


I know that these signs have to be posted for safety reasons and the odds of something actually happening to us are slim to none but I still have a tendency to let my imagination run wild in the wilderness. Tom calls me Nervous Nelly when I get into "worst case scenario" mode. I was actually doing fine until we came upon this sign which was about 200 feet away from the campground barbeque...


I felt it was time to break out an adult beverage from the backpack but then I ran into this...


Drats. I trudge along trailing Tom and Wrigs and then we hit the next trail and are greeted with this...


I'm curious, does this mean NO DOGS at all or just no dogs that look like a Doberman? Although don't most Dobermans have short little nubby tails? I think they do. So we turn around and head back the way we came. We find another trail and now see this sign...


It's not the Doberman looking dog so then we start to wonder if they are just not allowing specific breeds of dogs on these trails. But I guess that would be discriminatory and I'm sure PETA (along with Jesse and Reverend Al) would be all over that shit so we figure the trail is off limits to all dogs.

So back down the trail we go. We decide to take a different route into more of a wooded area. It was sort of creepy because it was very desolate and visions of the movie The Vanishing danced in my head. But then I saw this sign and thought, "That's it! Hikes over."


If we can't gather wood I'm outta here.

I guess I should post some more pics...








Until next time...

7 comments:

Karyn said...

I love how Lil Wrig is squinting in your pic b/c the sun's too bright.

Hilarious!

xx

Mary Beth said...

Could it be a sign? Stay out of the canyons!(said in spooky voice)

Najia said...

Looks like you had a great time anyway! How long were you guys out there? Is it close to your house? Beautiful country wherever it is.

I love the last picture of Wrigs, where it looks like Tom's got him in a choke hold. Too cute! I'm glad you all got to get out and enjoy nature and all that crap. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Wonder why the only picture I can see is the very last one? The rest are little "x's". Do I need to change a setting on my computer?

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm with Mindy, same thing on my end. I thought it was just my computer. Fix it, Woman!!!

Me said...

Weird, it works fine on my computer so there's nothing I can fix. That blows. I am using Safari for Mac if that makes a lick of difference.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if you have to have a Mac to see them...but I've been able to view your other posts just fine.