Wednesday, December 12, 2007

this %@^%#@^%# CAT!!!!!

What I need to be doing before the guests arrive in a few short hours:

-getting myself cleaned up
-baking holiday cookies
-vacuuming and dusting

What I am actually doing (besides blogging about this):

-washing not 1, not 2 but 4 of the couch cushions and covers Chumley peed all over.

Lord help me. I have refused thus far to cover our furniture in shower curtains, but what other choice do I have? Should I just find that clear plastic wrap that Ray Romano's mother uses? I don't know but this is the last thing I need to deal with right now. I have to stack the cushions away from the couch to dry otherwise he will pee on them again. As of now the covers are still wet so we may not have a couch for this evening's festivities. I love holiday parties at my house.


5 comments:

Karyn said...

Oh, he is bad! Bad!

Anonymous said...

Does he normally pee on the couch too? Maybe he just doesn't ever want company.

Karyn said...

I bet that's it.

Anonymous said...

I think he misses me!

Me said...

I think he definitely can sense when guests are headed over because of the cleaning frenzy that takes place. In fact, that makes perfect sense because he usually pees right before out of town visitors arrive, because he sees me putting on new sheets in the guest room, cleaning up the guest bath, etc. and there have been times he has snuck into the guest room before the shower curtain is placed on the bed and pees all over the pillows and bed right as the doorbell rings. He also goes on a rampage around the house and knocks things off the dressers and counter tops. Yesterday he knocked my camera off the kitchen counter which went crashing onto the tile floor. So far, it still works. ASS