Sunday, December 16, 2007

I miss Chicago...

this time of year.

This picture looks like our old street on the north side...

And then here's a shot of the city decked out for the holidays...

I actually dreamt the other night that Tom and I moved back on a whim and found a gorgeous rehabbed brown stone in Old town to live. I was sooo excited to be back in the city and loved how I could walk to everything again. But then after a few days I missed California sooo much that it made me physically sick. I begged for us to move back and we did. Then when I woke up in my bed here at home I was happy. But I still miss it soooooo much right before the holidays. If I could go back now I would but we can't because of Tom's work schedule. Once Dec. 26th comes I'll be over it but between now and then it just doesn't feel like Christmas here! My mom is coming tomorrow for almost 3 weeks so that should help a little too. And it's been getting down to the 40's at night so when we walk through our neighborhood and look at all the Christmas lights it does feel a bit more festive. It's just hard during the day when the sun is shining amidst a bright blue sky and the grass is green with palm and orange trees everywhere!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somewhere warmer than Kentucky is looking better and better everyday.

Me said...

Yes, this is true. But is there any snow in Kentucky? Does it usually snow there?

Anonymous said...

There isn't any snow right now, that will most likely come Christmas Eve when I need to drive to Ohio. Today was the first really cold day and windy. We usually get a couple good snows each winter, meaning 10" is a lot for us. Your blog is so entertaining. I had made some comments before under "still figuring it all out" but I have since changed my blog around a bit.

ChiTown Girl said...

girlfriend, we had a HUGE snow storm yesterday. i took pictures and video for you and kbl, but i haven't gotten around to downloading it yet. as scary as it was driving home last night in 10" of snow, (slipping and sliding all over and almost getting stuck at every stop sign!) it finally felt like Christmas!! i love the way Christmas lights look when they're covered in snow, and they glow from under the blanket of crystal flakes. the color is diffused and spread out, and just so prettyl.

Karyn said...

If you ever come to New York with Tom, you can get your winter fix!!!!!!

xx, I missed Extras last night. I don't want to watch the special until i watch all the other episodes, and they're all on demand now. :)