Monday, August 25, 2008

In need of a Mac Genius

Ever since I installed Leopard on my lap top I'm having some memory issues. My outlook program freezes up and sometimes I get a message saying I need to delete duplicate files. Also I get a message saying that my start up disk is almost full and I need to delete files. I tried to delete picture files that were taking up space in outlook but the thing keeps freezing up. And then if I try and drag photos from a folder onto the desktop it tells me I don't have enough memory to do so. So does this seem like something a Mac Genius could fix? Could I just go in there and have them put in new memory for me or are they going to have to keep my computer for days at time?

Anyone have any suggestions!?!?!

4 comments:

aaron said...

it sounds like your computer needs more RAM, but to be more sure take a look at your physical space. Do a Get Info on your physical drive, you ought to have more than a couple of Gigs left. If RAM is the issue then take it in to the Mac store.

Me said...

Mac store it is. Not looking forward to spending half the day there.

Anonymous said...

What is Leopard? I so want a Mac for my next laptop.

Karyn said...

i would go to the genius bar. did you do an archive and install? or just an install? you should do the first one.