Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blond sisters

Friday night I fell asleep watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics and I missed the US athletes entrance into the stadium. I was soooo bummed.

Yesterday while chatting with my sister about the ceremonies, I told her I fell asleep and asked her about it.

me: Did you see USA walk in?

her: YES!

me: Did they get a good reception from the audience?

her: Yes, they did. It was amazing!

me: I saw a pic of their outfits. They looked really sharp.

her: They were, everyone looked great.

me: So how many athletes were there?

her: I think they said about 11,000.

me: WHAT?!?! NO WAY!!!

her: Yeah there were.

me: 11,000 ATHLETES!?!? THAT'S INSANE!! It must have taken them FOREVER to walk in!!

her: Oh it did. That part lasted hours.

me: Wait a second, it took HOURS for the USA athletes to walk in!?!

(at this point her husband has heard the entire exchange and is shaking his head)

her: OH!!!! You meant JUST the USA athletes??? Ohhhhh. In that case there were about 500 or so.

Finally her husband chimes in:

him: Are you two related????

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is just too funny.

Anonymous said...

I thought he was going to say "are you two retarded??"

Only kidding. I love this conversation. Both of you are crack ups!