Monday, August 11, 2008

Bluetooth

I finally got a Bluetooth ear piece and I kid you not, this "safe and non-restricting" hands free device is going to be the death of me on the LA freeways...

This is what it's like (at :22 into the clip)


(watch clip here in case screen shot doesn't work)

So do I need to keep my Bluetooth settings "ON" at all times??? Because if I don't it takes SEVERAL menu prompts to turn it on, but, if I leave it on all the time it starts to drain the phone battery!? And I don't like having to wear the ear piece unless I'm talking but I swear I need TWO HANDS to put that damn thing in my ear which is NOT SAFE for the car. I don't think I'm really grasping the essence of this concept just yet. I seriously think if I got pulled over and showed the policeman the steps it takes to use this device he would just let me go on my merry way.

We'll just see what happens...

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Very funny. I've seen that clip before and it made me giggle. That's why I've stayed very low-tech. My phone isn't even Bluetooth compatible. It has the old earbud on a wire (came free with the phone) and that's good enough for me. I haven't been very concerned about getting pulled over, even though using your handheld cellphone while driving is illegal here. I kid you not, 95% of the cops I pass on the street are TALKING ON THEIR CELLPHONES!! I do have a Bluetooth headset (it was one of the goodies I got in that bonanza of giveaways from IVillage) so if I ever breakdown and buy a new phone, I'll be all set :)

Ahava said...

You should talk to your phone provider, you shouldn't have to go through all of that to use the bluetooth. I LOVE mine and can't imagine what I did before without it. All I have to do is flip mine on and it automatically connects.

Sugar Jones said...

Oh my God, I have worked with idiots like this... so exasperating! Not the Bluetooth part of it, just the sheer idiocy of their behavior. The fact that morons like this were ever in charge of my life, how much time I spent away from family, and how much of a car I could afford... drove me nuts! So thankful to be on my own. aaarrrgghhh... still so frustrated from watching this.

But funny frustrated. No, really...

Clippy Mat said...

ricky gervais and stephen merchant are genius gods! :-)
sorry about your blue tooth thingy tho'. :-(