Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Green Tea Lattes are BACK!

Remember my obsession with these???

Well I bought some raw matcha green tea powder at the grocery store (it's not cheap, sells for $83 a pound, I only got $5 worth) but it lasts forever! You only use about 1/4 a teaspoon per glass.
I add about a teaspoon of warm water to dissolve the powder, before I add the milk and ice. Then I add some Agave Nectar to sweeten it up a little.

And it's just as good as the Trader Joe's mix, and a I'm guessing a lot healthier too.

I'm not the only one who's thrilled about this...



6 comments:

HWHL said...

$83 per pound?! Wow.... you need to FARM this stuff, girl.... or make yourself a Green Tea broker or something! Get on THAT bandwagon! :-)

Gina said...

awww what a cutie he is!! i always find it hilarious when my cats manage to fit their entire faces into a little cup!!

Bon Don said...

$83 a pound!!! It better have some Crack in it for that price...and come with a pipe! Wow. It must be yummy!

Clippy Mat said...

chumley:
if you were about 15 pounds heavier, and had a slightly bitchier disposition and if you were a female, you'd be the spitting image of my cat.
:-)

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm so happy for you that you found this stuff. I know how much you adored the TJ stuff. It's the little things, isn't it? Anything to put a smile on your face out there is great in my book! :)

lizziebelle said...

really? is that what youre going to do right now? BUSTED...busted....busted. ahhhhhhahahahahaha!