Wednesday, June 04, 2008

BURTON HAS BEEN FOUND!!!

He is safe, he is happy and he is HUNGRY!!!

Don't have all the details but he was lured back to her parent's by way of tuna fish. Thank you all sooo much for your prayers! So many people were pulling for this guy - Welcome home Fainting Goat!!!

A message from Rebecca:

THANK YOU to everyone who was praying for the safe return of my little boy Burton, he was found hiding under my parents' shed and was lured out with some tuna.

Unbelieveably, based on the method of his escape -opening a sliding glass window, clawing through the screen and jumping two stories-he has not a scratch or injury.

He will be making a visit to the vet for a once over and a trip to Petsmart for a collar and tags and getting A TON of love from grandma and grandpa.

Your prayers were heard and I can not tell you how thankful I am for all of your thoughts and prayers!

Please forward this to anyone else you asked to pray for 'Burton Superman Houdini Fainting Goat' and tell them I said THANK YOU!!

One happy mom,
Rebecca


I'm asking all of the people who read or stumble across this blog by way of whatever google search, to please stop and say a prayer for Burton. Burton is my friend Rebecca's cat who I posted about last week. He was staying at her parent's house because she has to travel for work and he managed to chew a hole in the screen of an upstairs room and get out. He has been missing since this morning and as you can imagine, Rebecca and her parents are completely devastated. They are incredible animal lovers and are actively searching, praying and doing whatever it takes to find Burton.

Her parents live in Roselle, which is a Northwest suburb of Chicago so if there are any readers in or around that area, or if you know anyone who lives in or around there please pass this along and keep a look out for Burton.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and pray that he is reunited safely with Rebecca, where he belongs.


23 comments:

Gberger said...

Praying right now.

Kylie said...

I lost my cat, Ellie, earlier this year and found her a week later. We set up humane traps around my neighborhood with really smelly cat food and although we found 12 cats (and 2 possums) eventually Ellie came home. Honestly, I think that for the first 6 days she was probably hiding and too scared to come out. I'm sure Burton will turn up sooner or later!

Anonymous said...

Saying prayers for Burton's safe return to his mom. He's such a beautiful boy.

kat said...

I will hope and pray that Burton returns safely. We have two beautiful cats and I would be losing my mind if they were missing. Keeping my fingers crossed that he will be home soon.

Najia said...

Oh my. Sweet Burton, may you find your way back home very, very soon. Bless you furry little baby. I'll be praying for your safe and happy return.

izzybean said...

hi, my cat sebastain was missing for a long time, I put up flyers every day, people tear them down, animals have a great sense of home, so put up flyers from your place all the way to his home. you would be surprised. someone stold my cat, and the 6th and last day, I put up my last flyer, and gave up, went home to find a message, I put my last flyer up in front of the home that found my cat that day! so never give up. peace and prayers!
lisa
ps, Animals like to hide under cars, houses, etc. my dog was found under someones house 2 miles away. she was missing for 3 days, darn fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Praying as I type.....

Anonymous said...

Thankfully it's not the dead of winter when this happened. Cats love to roam and it's not uncommon for them to be gone for several days and then all of the sudden show up at the doorstep like nothing happened. I'm saying a prayer for him. Please keep us updated.

HWHL said...

Poor fluffy baby.... I'll pray that he makes his way back home safe and sound.

Mary Beth said...

Oh I know that feeling - sending out lots of prayers.

Me said...

Thank you all for your prayers and concern for Burton and Rebecca. She read these comments and was so touched.

And please feel free to post this on your blog because you just never know who may read it.

It's heart warming and comforting to know there are so many animal lovers in this world.

rondi adamson said...

Prayers from Canada, too! I adore my cats -- I would be going out of my mind if either were lost or hurt. Kylie has good suggestions. A friend of mine's cat got out and though it took over a week, he found him by doing the things Kylie suggests. Also, it is helpful to go out and call the cat's name particularly early in the morning and late at night and always leave food on your own front porch. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

my kitty Coco has been gone since sunday afternoon and I am so sad. I will pray for Burton's safe return. The commentor's stories about cats returning after a couple of days are very encouraging though :) I hope he is safe!

Anonymous said...

Please call your local animal shelter if you have not already. They can be a very helpful resource.

Lesli said...

Positive thoughts & prayers for Burton

Me said...

Alison, have you put food around your yard? It seems like they may get hungry in a couple days and come back for food. I really hope Coco makes it back home to you. And the suggestion about getting outside very early or late at night when it's quiet was so helpful because there's too much daytime noise for them to hear if you're calling their name and they're far away. You and Coco are in my thoughts and prayers.

Najia said...

'EFFIN A!!!!

Awesome! I'm so happy for Burton. He shall now receive MUCH praise, lots of love, belly rubs, and tuna fish for having been lost. You know, punish him real good so he won't do it again. :-)

HWHL said...

This makes me so happy. I've had a very persistent migraine today, and this makes me smile, despite the pain.

lizziebelle said...

THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING!!!!!
xo

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

You made my day!

Gberger said...

Thank God! Hooray for Burton and all of the loving prayers!

Lesli said...

This is the best news of the day! Yay for the can of tuna.

LBluca77 said...

Yay!! I am glad to here that Burton is home safe.