Monday, July 23, 2007

This morning...


I was cutting up a peach for breakfast. Phone rings, left peach (about 3/4 whole) on the counter. Chatted on phone for a while, yabba dabba gab, end of conversation. Headed upstairs to do some housework: change sheets, clean the mirrors, dust, etc. Back downstairs I go and as I'm passing through the kitchen I see the knife and the cutting board. I think, "What the heck is that doing out?" Completely forgot about the peach. Well now it's gone. I've looked EVERYWHERE in this house and can't find it. Either it's wedged in a couch cushion or behind some big appliance and a day or two from now we'll have an army of ants and other creepy crawlies invading our home.

(or, and this is more likely the case)

It's in Wrigley's big fat belly which means the pit of the peach could become lodged in his intestinal tract like last year's mouse. I can't think about this right now.

No comments: