Monday, July 02, 2007

Fun Time Frostys are here!


Tom's not going to appreciate this post but oh well, I haven't much else to say. We don't often eat fast drive-thru food but when we do I like to have a little fun. Especially when he's driving, and has to place the order. He's always so serious and matter of fact whenever he orders, unlike me, who often times adopts a Swedish or Asian accent, depending on the mood. It's funny when ordering with an Asian accent and then pulling up to get the food, the employee at the window hesitates before giving me the bag because they assume it's not the right car!! So, the other day we were at Wendy's ordering up some old fashioned burgers and fries. Tom was in his "quit your clowning, it's time to order" zone so I had to settle down. When he asked me what I wanted to drink I told him, "I'll have those new Fun Time Frosty's." He said, "What's that? I don't see it on here." I told him, "You have to order it special, it's a limited time Frosty." He shrugs it off then says loudly and seriously into the speaker, "And one Fun Time Frosty please." The voice from the speaker replies, "Excuse me?" Tom repeats, "One FUN time Frosty." (this time huge emphasis on the FUN.) I was trying so hard to contain my laughter when Tom turns to me and says, "Are you sure it's a Fun Time Frosty? Did you see this on some commercial somewhere?" I nod yes because it's all I can do to hold back the laughter that was about to explode in my stomach then out my mouth. The employee then says, "Do you want a Frosty, sir? What size?" Tom turns to me and I say, "Super Duper Deluxe Jumbo-" as he cuts me off and turns to the speaker and says, "Small" then pulls straight ahead to the pick up window.

From now on he will only order items that he can see listed on the menu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just pure evil!

Me said...

Oh like you wouldn't do something like this!?!