Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's just us...

...starting a new life, making new memories, creating traditions here in Seattle. It's starting to scare me in way, realizing just how much I love my husband. Weird that after 10+ years of marriage I'm sitting here thinking, "Yeah, I really do love my husband." Maybe moving away has given me a fresh perspective on what's really important in life. It's not always been easy, (as the majority of people who've been together for over a decade will attest) but right now, as I reflect on our life's ups and downs I feel so much love for him that it almost hurts my heart. He is the most unselfish person I've ever known and cares so deeply and genuinely for people. I never want to take him or what we have for granted. I feel so blessed to be a part of his life as we continue our adventure through the world together.

After all, it's just us.

7 comments:

Gberger said...

And "just the two of you" is just right. I'm so glad that you feel this way about your love. You two seem as if you are made for one another. God bless you and your marriage!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so sweet. I think GOOD love just gets better and better...like a good wine or stinky cheese. :)

Moi said...

:)

Gina said...

you are a gorgeous couple

HWHL said...

This is very sweet. And Suz is right. It does get better as time goes by. Hubster and I have been married almost 17 years. There are ups and downs of course - every marriage has them - but it's almost like the glue that holds you together gets stickier as the years go by. Marriage is a good thing, and the love just gets sweeter, deeper and more profound. :-)

The Engine of the Family said...

You guys are so cute and fit together just right! I hope you are enjoying your white christmas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

:-)

Claudia