Thursday, December 04, 2008

Family + Friendship + Fun =

A perfect day.

All rolled into one.

Me, my Mom and Karen.

I am truly blessed with the gift of Karen's friendship and I'm so grateful my mom was able to be a part of what feels like, "my Seattle family".

For the first time in a long time, it felt like home.

And that feels good.

Karen doesn't know it yet but I'm plotting to cat nap Latte and spray paint Chumley in his place. I'm sure they'd never know the difference. There's something very calming and peaceful about her home that may actually have a positive effect on Chum. I know it does for me. I am thankful for a beautiful day spent with two very special ladies in my life. Looking forward to many more!

8 comments:

Jerry in Tampa said...

You are blessed! Family and friends are the BEST of life!!!

Awesome blog - incredible pics - lots of fun!

Glad I found you and I will be back!

Happy Holidays!

Jerry in Tampa

Gberger said...

It was a GREAT day, and I'm so glad that you and your mom enjoyed it, too. I'm looking forward to more visits. We love our town - it's a.k.a. "little Norway" (and it's even prettier when it's sunny & warm)!
I hope the rest of your Mom's visit is wonderful. God bless you!

HWHL said...

I love this picture! The thing I noticed first was the BEAMING smile on your face! And on your mom's face, and on Karen's face, too. What a great time the 3 of you clearly had! :-)

lizziebelle said...

so glad you had a good time. home is important. i got your sweet note yesterday!

Maggie said...

I'm so jealous, I want to move to Seattle! Rain beats out this ridiculous snow anyday... I'm glad you two have connected!

The Engine of the Family said...

I need to come and visit! I'm so jealous...by the way...have you seen that cute boy from the Bachelorette soon-to-be The Bachelor running around Seattle anywhere?? Jason...he was such a sweetheart!

HWHL said...

I laughed when I saw the YouTube clip that Karen put up of Chumley on her post. I immediately put a very positive comment on YouTube about Chumley is REALLY a lover, not a fighter. :-)
(I know the truth.) :-)

Karyn said...

Oh, this is so cute!!! Hi Karen!