Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a few of my favorite things

Just wanted to share a few things I recently discovered (some were Christmas gifts, some just random things):


Lululemon Athletic Reversible Pant- LOVE these! They are so versatile and fit like a glove. Plus they will last 10 years (providing you stay the same size for a decade)


Skechers Walking Shoe-Thanks to Rebecca for introducing me to these loveys. They are so comfortable and sturdy and also very stylish. And the little silver studs add a nice feminine touch.



Tidy Cat Small Spaces Litter-Finally a litter that can handle Chum's dumps! I just discovered this stuff and will never buy another litter again. This mix does not turn cat urine into gooey clay. It lightly covers the clumps and is very easy to scoop. (fyi: not a Christmas gift)



Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash-We're all in need of some extra moisturizing this winter and I heard this stuff is really the best. Just started using it and so far, so good (and soft).



Puffs Plus w/ Lotion-I'm on box number 5. I will never buy a lotionless tissue again. Your nose will thank you for this.



Gray Cashmere Pashmina-One of my Christmas gifts and I wear it all the time. Indoors, outdoors, sometimes even wrapped up around my pajamas. So soft and snuggly and the gray goes with just about every color/shade.


Pine Scented Candle-Since we opted for an artificial tree this year I got a bunch of Pine candles and scattered them around the house. Makes you feel like you're in a forest. Going to keep these up throughout the winter.



Exact Eyelights Mascara-My sister got me this mascara and I really like that little hint of color. I have the blue and green tint depending on the day. Love them both.



Hunter Rain Boot-Thanks to my new friend I met through a walk with Wrigs, I now live in these boots on wet weather days. They are so perfect for Seattle's puddle filled streets.



Hunter Welly Socks-And I had to get a pair of Welly Socks too! (for added warmth and color).



Emergen-C pink lemonade-Vitamin C is a must have for everyone this time of year. The pink lemonade drink is really refreshing and fizzy. I made the mistake of drinking 2 packets at once because it tasted so good. NOT recommended!



Rolos-This needs no explanation.

6 comments:

Najia said...

Ooooh, I love the grey pashmina! I got a French blue one and a cranberry colored one. Can you have too many Pashminas?

I can't believe you are wearing those boots!!! How totally L.L.Bean-ish of you! :-) Do they make them for puppies too?

Emergen-C is good stuff, huh? I should have been taken some this month!!! It looks like between you, Live for Today, Nurses Rock, and myself, we've got Blogistan covered with our fabulous germs!

Anonymous said...

Wait! Wait! Did you just say REVERSIBLE pants?!?!?! See? I was ahead of my time.

And. Regarding the pashmina. What do you do when you go out and you have to wear a coat? That's always stumped me. Does it fit inside a coat or get all bunchy?

Anonymous said...

Just thought things through. Reversible not the same as backwards. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

If you need a nice variation to just eating plain Rolos (not like someone would tire of Rolos) I have a simple recipe to share:

Lay approximately 40 small Rold Gold twist pretzels on a baking sheet. Place 1 Rolo on the center of each pretzel. Bake at 200 degrees for 4 minutes. Take out of the oven and place 1 pecan on each Rolo, pressing the Rolo down onto the pretzel. Let cool. Very simple and a quick treat that tastes like little turtles (the candy, not the reptile). I make these frequently.

ChiTown Girl said...

If I remember correctly, you've made Rebekah's recipe, but with pretzel rings, right? Then you put an M&M in the middle, and they're reindeer bellybuttons. But, the version with the pecan rocks, too. My neighbor made them this year, but on the Snyder's pretzel 'grids' (I don't know what they're really called! Waffle pretzels? I don't know!) so you get pretzel-y goodness in every bite. YUM!

Me said...

Wow good memory Chi town! I think that was from 2 years ago! I couldn't find pretzel rings (which is what the recipe originally called for) so I used waffle pretzels I think. They were soooo good. Think I may need to make the rolo recipe. Still have a few hours before the new year's resolutions kick in...