Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 16 of bathroom remodel

Tom's still going strong in the bathroom but tonight he's encountered a snag. Well not really a snag because that implies it was a situation out of his control. This was not. Wrigley surveys the situation.


Can you see what the problem is?


How about I get a little closer?


How about now?


That would be a hole in one of the sink pipes. Apparently during the dry wall removal process Tom accidentally drilled into the water pipe. So now he's back at Lowe's purchasing whatever repair kit is needed to fix this problem. I'm assuming it involves duct tape?? So I can't use the water until it's fixed. And you know something? When you're told not to turn on the water, you REALLY get the urge to use it. It's amazing how much we take a simple thing like running water for granted. I headed into the kitchen to boil some water for noodles and then remembered, nope can't turn on the faucet. So I peeked into the fridge to see what else there is to eat. I found a bag of fresh snow peas so I tossed those into a colander and headed to the sink to rinse them when, AGAIN, I realized...still can't use the water. So now I'm back at my computer frustrated, hoping that Tom will have this problem fixed soon. And trust me, I know in the big scheme of things, this is sooo ridiculously insignificant to even bitch about but I'd just like a nice cup of hot tea before midnight.

Does this mean we can't flush the toilet??? Oh dear God, help us.

1 comment:

carrie lea said...

Oh my gosh that is too funny! Now I understand the "wet nap" post!