Sunday, May 23, 2010

Where is the sun???



While walking Wrigs in my mittens AGAIN this morning, I came up with a little diddy sung to the song, "Where is the Love" by the Black Eyed Peas. Yet another coping mechanism I'm using to survive these gloomy days.

What's wrong with this place, mama
People livin' in their raincoats, mama
I think we're gonna get washed away
Why is it always so wet and gray?
Other places, yeah, they got sunshine
But we still got the clouds here
In the city, by the bay
The darkness, the gray, it won't go away.
But if you crave that thing called sun
Then you need to get out, run baby run!
Cause it doesn't shine too much up here.
Can you handle 58 days a year?
You start to go crazy, you're bound to get irate
Madness sets in and you feel you can't relate
Pop some pills, it'll help you think straight
Sleep in a tanning bed, try to meditate.
But deep down in your soul, you gravitate- to the sun, to the sun.

People freezin', people cryin'
Ground so wet, no sign of dryin'
Can you take away this pain?
Who will ever stop the rain?

Mother Nature, Mother help us
Please before my life is done
'Cause this place has got me questionin'
Where is the sun? (Sun)

Where is the sun (The Sun)
Where is the sun (The Sun)
Where is the sun
The sun, the sun.

It's always the same, the days never change
A perpetual season of gray skies and rain
Makes everything look and feel so wrong
Walkin' around like I just don't belong
When does it stop and just go away?
Why am I still wearing mittens in May?
Sufferin' through these months of gloom
And I hear it's not much better in June.
What happened to Spring does that even exist?
Or is that when the rain becomes more of a mist?
I'm losing myself a bit more each day,
Lost in the darkness, submerged in the gray.
So I ask myself, can I make it through?
Will I wake up tomorrow and not feel as blue?
I just don't know only time will tell
but right now it feels like my personal hell
At war with nature, it's a losing battle
I think I need a break from Seattle.

Where's the sun, y'all, come on (I don't know)
Where's the sun y'all, come on (I don't know)

(I still have to finish it but I'm going to stop now and paint some more things yellow.)

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw, my sweet friend, I so wish you were here right now. It's wicked hot and sunny here in ChiTown today. I, in all seriousness, think I gave myself a bit of heat stroke or sun poisoning this afternoon. I don't know what possessed me to think TODAY would be a great day to do my planting. I had to stop after the the 4 tomato plants, 3 basil plants, mint and lemon balm. I've been in the house for over an hour now, drinking cold water, putting cool cloths on my face, and I'm still dizzy and beat read. I really wish I could blink like Jeannie and switch places with you! :(

It's supposed to almost 90 here by Tuesday. Guess who's gonna be a HUGE bitch?

ChiTown Girl said...

*that's supposed to be "beet" red, right? I can't even think straight! :(

Samantha said...

Brilliant! This will be playing in my head thru-out the day.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember me telling you last year don't get used to this! It can be cold and rainy all thru June. Don't' even check this weekends forecast for Memorial Day. YUK!