Monday, May 31, 2010

the bachelorette

"Amazing" word count: 24 times at:

8:09
8:10
8:13
8:14
8:19
8:19 (used in same sentence as 8:19)
8:20
8:24
8:24 (again twice in same sentence)
8:30
(was cooking dinner so I may have missed some here, Tom was on word count duty but I don't think he was really into it)
8:42
8:46
8:47
8:47 (said back to back "Amazing, amazing!")
8:53 (said in the tease to the next segment but, still counts)
9:01
9:09
9:09
9:10
9:10
9:12
9:13
9:14
9:26

MAJOR editing error at the end of the show. Weatherman was shown with a rose in his suit before the final rose was given out. Post editor should be FIRED!

And Frank, the goggle wearing guy should really stick to wearing contacts. And what's with the one guy who had the seeping boil on his forehead at the end of the show. Did you see how Ali tried to avoid head to head contact with his boil? This show is so painful to watch for soooo many reasons but I keep coming back every single week!

8 comments:

J-Mom said...

So funny you wrote about this. When we watched the last season of the Bachelor, this was our game too! We never actually officially made it into a counting game, but we'd roll our eyes every time Jake said "amazing!" We did a lot of eye rolling.

Kelly said...

I'm going to start counting all of the "here for the right reasons". I wish I had started with last week’s episode because they said it a gazillion times. Last night, not so much but I’m sure it'll come up again. It drives me crazy. Ali's laugh is starting to get on my nerves, too. Like you, though, I keep comin' back for more :)

Me said...

OMG Kelly they say that all the time! Also "we have a connection" and "there is chemistry" makes me wanna puke!!! Maybe next week I'll try to log all of those. Might be tough though.

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice the weatherman with the rose, but I do wish he would have gone home. :)
Can't believe you counted the amazings! That is so amazing.

Steph said...

I wrote that last comment. Fingers are quicker than the brain sometimes.

Kathleen said...

what about "journey?" it's not a journey to make out with different people in a hot tub!

Kathleen said...

Also, was ALi drunk the 2nd half of the episode? I know she's not a great ennunciator but come on!

Me said...

I think Ali was drunk. She was slurring her words and her eyes look glazed. I am a total loser with my Amazing log, I know! And I'm sure there are some that I missed due to Tom not listening for them.