Thursday, August 30, 2007

my new motto


Here are just a few things that I did this morning that make me an idiot. Please feel free to comment about the things you do that make you an idiot. I would love to read about it.

-Left the key sticking out on the outside of laundry room door after my run yesterday morning where it sat all day and night. Hello Burglars/Rapists/Serial Killers: no need to break a window or jimmy a door, here's a key sticking out of the door just for you. Welcome!

-Filled up Wrigs bowl with water and then set it on top of kitchen stove as if to boil. Realized 2 HOURS later after poor Wrigs would not stop panting that his water bowl was not in it's proper place. I'm such a bad MOMMA!

-Spilled the entire sugar bowl that sits on the top shelf in the fridge, all down the refrigerator door. Have I cleaned that up? No. I did vacuum the kitchen floor though because the ants will come marching in no time if I don't. But sugar granules are still stuck inside the soles of my running shoes so when I walk, I crunch.

7 comments:

Najia said...

-I teach a 5:45 am spin class a couple of times per week and I love having a cup of green tea as I drive to the gym. I've often kicked myself because I forget the mug on the foyer table as I drive off. Oh, wait, maybe not. Actually, it's on top of my car! Sometimes I remember, stop the car, get out and see that the mug is still up there. Whew! But at least 3 times that I remember I've heard a thud before I see one of my tea mugs crashing into the street in my rearview. Nice.

Ed likes to say that if he can't find cutlery or dishes in the kitchen, they are most likely in my car. He's usually right. It's not like I don't have a gazillion Starbucks travel mugs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, there isn't enough cyberspace for me to list all the dumb things I've done!! Let's start with being your friend. Tee hee!! I've been having more and more "senior moments" lately, like looking for my keys for ten minutes that are already in my hand (yes, really).

OMG!!! I just thought of a great one for you, although I don't think I should share it on your blog, lest the entire world finds out what an IDIOT I am sometimes!! (Aren't you glad I'm shaping the future of our country?!) OK, here goes...

The other day, I went to Target with my sister. It's a fairly new one here in my 'hood. It's designed with a parking structure on the ground level, and the store is above it. (Are they all like that in Cali? They aren't here.) So, we walk in, I get on the escalator to go up to the store, while my sister walks next to me on the stairs. We do our shopping, pay,and walk toward the exit. It's on the opposite side from the up escalator, with the elevator in the middle. Now, going down, there is a conveyor thingy for your shopping cart next to the escalator, but no staircase like the "up" side has. So, I say to my sister (brace yourself!!) "I wonder why they have stairs going up, but not..." and caught myself, but it was too late!! We weren't sure which one of us was going to wet herself first! I STILL can not believe that I was seriously about to ask where the "down" stairs were!! God, help me, I'm losin' it!!

I have no qualms if you want to BYFFI!! I deserve it this time :(

Anonymous said...

I locked my keys in the car and made my husband leave work to get the spare at home and bring it to me while I was "stuck shopping" at the mall! It wasn't all that bad I guess. -Jen B.

Anonymous said...

I drove off with the gas nozzle still attached to my car, not once but twice.

Christina said...

I just want to say that mystery person isn't me. B'cuz I've done it too.

ChiTown Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ok, it must be the teacher in me that is compelled to correct this but...I just realized I should have said "bMffi" in my comment. And, yes, I DO know I'm a dork!