Monday, January 07, 2008

untitled

I am the worst when it comes to time management skills and I am really going to try to improve on them for the new year. I have made a commitment to myself to spend only a few minutes a day on email and correspondence - which I've never been good at anyway so it shouldn't be impossible to do. However, the other vice I am going to try and stay away from is the blasted youtube. I spend so much time on that damn site, quality time that could be spent more productively. So aside from posting my own videos of Wrigs and Chum I won't be surfing the tube anymore. We'll see how long this lasts. I'm guessing 7.2 minutes.

And since I'm on the path to a more productive way of living, my blogging days must change. It's not so much that I spend a lot of time blogging on here anyway, but once I'm locked in I can seriously browse and catch up on my favorite blogs for hours at a time. This is not improving my way of life nor the relationships I have with those around me so it must come to a close. I need to get back to the world that once existed outside of my computer screen. My eyes will thank me for this too.

Though from time to time I may post about some random things here and there or I may change the format of this blog entirely, but I'll do so only if the priorities for the day have been met. Who knows? The more productive I become, the more time I may have to post. But until then, I'll leave you with what I'm thinking about right now...

Do you ever wish your bladder was removable and had legs? That way you could just unzip it straight from your gut, plop it on the floor and tell it to walk to the nearest bathroom so you didn't have to leave the comforts of your favorite chair all snuggled up in a warm blanket. A removable bladder. Not such a bad idea. We can send a man to the moon so why can't scientists perfect a removable bladder? Why does this remind me of the song Detachable Penis??? Best line of the song, "Even though sometimes it's a pain in the ass, I like having a detachable penis."

Alrighty, enough nonsense. Time to sail.

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

ok, seriously, do you have any idea how many people (besides me that is!) who will be suffering with major "Live Happy" withdrawal if you stop blogging?! say it ain't so!

Anonymous said...

Dammit. I just had a whole paragragh typed out and now it's gone, gone, gone. I am copying this one before I publish again.

I am sad to read this...but I can completely understand. Just wanted to let you know your blog has informed me of things I might have never known/tried including this song "Change". I love it and had to add it to my Myspace page. Hopefully you will become so productive that nothing will change! :)

Najia said...

Hola! The wine is from Costco. I left a more detailed reply for you on my post. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Come back! Come back! Or at the very least post more Wrigs and Chumley videos!!!

Or maybe you could just limit your posts to a few minutes a day maybe before you go to bed and give a recap of the day or your favorite things: probably WINE! or tell us about the people you meet in the grocery aisle???

I don't like not seeing any new posts- sounds like bad english. I am still going to check everyday.

Anonymous said...

Great. I just found your blog from pretty in the city and now you won't be posting everyday.