Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't eat when you look at this

Every morning I have a ritual. I make my Iced-Green Tea Latte and after throwing in 10 cubes, I let it sit on the counter for about 15 minutes so it's icy cold when I drink it. While it sits I feed the animals, put Wrigs toys away, fight with the Roomba, and pick up poop in the backyard. Today while I was outside I noticed a strange man in the front of our house digging a hole in our yard...


I pretended to go to the mailbox so I could walk by and see what was going on. When I got close I said, Hi and he looked up at me, smiled and went back to digging. Oh well. I guess it's nothing major otherwise I'm sure he would have said something. Still odd though. Here's another photo of him making what appears to be some sort of cement mixture...


When I came back in the house I was ready for the first sip of my icy latte. As I'm sipping through the straw I notice some gray granules sprinkled on the very top. Sort of looked like cracked pepper but once I inspected them further I knew EXACTLY what it was. It was kitty litter. You see, Chumley likes to stick his paws in glasses of milk, water, or any type of liquid for that matter. Sometimes Chum has clumps of litter stuck between his paw pads which Tom and I refer to as "Poo Paws". So that is what he had done while I was outside checking out the man in the yard. I threw out that latte and made a new one. This is not the first time this has happened.

Speaking of Poo Paws, here is a pic of Chum's dump from this morning. Lately he has decided NOT to cover them up. I think he's showing off...


And while we're on the subject, here is a pic of his upstairs litter box. He primarily uses this one for pee which makes me OH so happy because as of yesterday it has been ONE FULL WEEK and ONE DAY that Chum has gone without peeing on the beds or the living room couch! OH PRAISE THE LORD! I'm taking it day by day but I really hope he can make it to 2 weeks, and maybe even beyond that!! Dare to dream.


Look how big his pee clumps are. They are almost impossible to get out of the box without breaking the scoop. We got this super duper heavy duty industrial sized litter scoop (not the one in that pic) at Petco a few weeks ago that is AMAZING. I'm trying to find it online but can't so I'll have to take a pic of it and will post next time I download photos. Sorry to gross you out with the pics but if you have cats I think you'll understand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had cats my entire life and none of their poops ever looked like that. Though if they did I wouldn't know because they were always covered up but they were small, very tiny clumps. Maybe he doesn't like the litter you're using and that could be the reason he doesn't cover up his messes?

ChiTown Girl said...

ok, forget the damn poop, what the HELL was that guy doing on your property digging a hole?! did you ever find out?

Me said...

Never found out about what the man was digging but he was with Cox (the cable company). As long as our cable still works he could dig to China for all I care!