Sunday, January 13, 2008

hair stuff

The hubby and I went to get haircuts yesterday. We went to place like SuperCuts, (though I can't remember the name) but it was really cheap. I just washed it and in the process of parting and combing, I noticed something. Either my back's really f'ed up and/or my head's not sitting atop my spine correctly, but the left side is close to an inch shorter than my right side. I guess that's what you get when you go to a cheap walk-in. But I'm ok with this. I'll just cock my head to the side a little.

Since my hair grows sooo fast, I can't justify spending 160 bucks a pop for salon quality cuts and coloring. There's definitely more important ways to spend that money. Eyelash Conditioners? No, never again.

Revlon makes a fabulous hair coloring that I've been using for about 6 months. It's called Revlon Colorist and in my opinion the results are salon quality. Also, I don't think the chemicals are as harsh because I notice less breakage when I do it myself. And it comes with a decent sized weekly conditioner that spruces up your color until the next coloring.

And I'm still lovin' these products. I use the color glaze about once a week and the glossing creme every day, both before and after I dry my hair. It keeps your hair sooo soft and frizz free.

I didn't intend to document my daily, weekly and monthly hair care regimen in this post. But if you're looking for a way to save money, I recommend Revlon's hair color in place of high priced salons. Just make sure to match up your color. Obviously. That was dumb of me.

Just dropped a tiny piece of sesame chicken on the keyboard and it's wedged between my "delete" and "+" key and Chumley is frantically trying to get it so I better end this post before it's deleted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent almost $300 for a cut and highlight (that you could barely see) so I'll definitely give this a try. I don't think I will ever be able to cook something nice again because Izzy is always putting her nose right in everything I make or am eating.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I signed up for the Testtube thing and am awaiting my first tube of goodies. I can't wait!!