Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

the old man is DRIVING ME NUTS!

Well here I sit on another rainy California day at my local coffee shop sipping on piping hot green tea and enjoying a delicious tuna fish sandwich. I'm here because we are again without internet access, cable and of course phone service. 2 more Cox trucks are camped outside my house right now and it's not looking good. The Cox box in the ground was smoking when they removed the cover and one of the workers got an electrical shock. He's ok but when it happened he jumped back and said, "DAMN!" I thought to myself, "Please don't die on my property. Oh please oh please oh please." It's looking as though they will have to completely rewire our connections and install one of these beauties in our front yard. At this point I don't care if we have a full sized circus tent, I just want this shit to work.

As I sit here an older gentleman (maybe in his late 60's to early 70's) is whistling non stop. It is sooo incredibly annoying. There is also a student here trying to read and highlight and he keeps slamming his highlighter down on his book then staring straight ahead like, "SHUT THE F*CK UP!" It's funny to watch and I've chuckled to myself a few times because I am certain the student is going to say something or punch the man in the face at some point. The old man is now whistling the tune "Joyful Joyful we adore thee... blah blah blah blah blah...blah blah" and if he keeps this up I may just have to accidentally trip and spill hot tea on his crotch.

On second thought, I think I'll offer to buy him a drink. Perhaps he'd like this:


Ok sooooo gross!!!! Old man is now having a total coughing fit and it's one of those nasty ass smoker's coughs and is extremely productive as in, you can hear the fluids and phlegm with each lung contraction. It is making my tuna fish sandwich creep back up into my throat. OMG I seriously can't take it. I'm not sure which is worse the whistling or the mucous filled coughing fit.

His face is beat red and now he's blowing his nose into a disgusting ass hanky that he put back into his pocket. That is sooo unsanitary. Why the hell anyone would want to re-use their snot rags is beyond my comprehension. Isn't that why Kleenex was invented???

Ok now he is BACK to whistling the tune "Memories." I actually used to like this song. Student guy is packing up his shit right now! I knew he couldn't handle it. OMG I wish I could video tape this! Man is whistling SOOOO LOUD. Student boy just walked out and rolled his eyes at me when he left. I am going to see if I can capture some audio with my phone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't view the bottom pic :(

Me said...

Oh no! Try clicking on the "this" link. I hope that works now. I wonder if this happens with a lot of my pics.

Anonymous said...

"this" link worked. I think it's the Mac thing. I know I can't see the pic in your newest post either.

Me said...

I was actually able to record some audio with my phone but I can't open it on my computer. I downloaded the video file (I just took video of the coffee shop wall and you could hear the whistler in the background) and uploaded it onto tmobile's site. For whatever reason when I try and open the file it's just a bunch of jarbled symbols! ANNOYING! I also tried e-mailing the file to my e-mail address and when I open it it's telling me file not found. ANNOYING AGAIN!! I'll just save the file on my phone until I am ready to tackle this yet again.