Friday, September 26, 2008

And now...


We have ants.

(inside the house, covering our kitchen counters)

Can't understand why the offers aren't rolling in?!? I thought for sure we'd be in the midst of a bidding war by now.

Maybe I should dust.

I feel like I'm living in a dream sequence. Can't really explain it. Been feeling this way for the last couple weeks. It's so surreal, everything I do, even walking to the mailbox. I'm definitely not present and I should be.

I need to find a way to wake up.

My family and I are heading out tonight to our favorite Indian restaurant for the last time. I'm looking forward to it but am already anticipating the sadness. Can't think about that now otherwise I'm useless for a good while and I am so pressed for time. I don't think we are going to be ready to leave on Wednesday. We need another day.

Just one more day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you another day, but since that isn't possible....

Just enjoy this wonderful meal. I love indian food!

And the ant thing will happen everywhere right now. It's that time of year. That has nothing to do with selling your house.

You are going to be fine. Just take a little time to go outside and "FIND SOME CLOUDS".

My best friend told me that when I was going through the hardest time in my life. It is amazing, when you look up at clouds, how you can't help but take nice deep breaths. It will help, really.

Hang in there. Everything will be OK.

Gberger said...

As Anne LaMott once said, "Gee, I hope the snakes don't get out of the cargo hold now." I mean, truly, what next? Locusts? God bless your aching heart.

ChiTown Girl said...

Well, I don't know what you're so upset about. Now the fleas have some friends to party with!!

Anonymous said...

Try and enjoy this moment and not worry about tomorrow or the next until they are actually here. I'm back re-reading A New Earth for the 3rd time again. I think it's my bible.

TTQ said...

Is that an egg the ants are eating?!

I've moved alot and it always seems you won't get it done on time, but it does.

Clippy Mat said...

there are no fleas, flies, ants, spiders or horseflies in seattle i'm pretty sure.
did you get the runs after your indian food?
that would make a good blog.
just a thought. :-))