Monday, June 18, 2007

Still alive and well.

Ok, alive, yes, the well part is questionable. By 11:30pm the printer was working. I am still a bit leery but we've managed to print about 25 photos and not had the exact same issues we had before. It still does this weird sort of jiggly dance thing after printing several photos in a row but for now I can live with that as long as we are able to print. I'm sure by Thursday it will royally piss me off and I'll be screaming at Tom to address that problem. Tom had to reinstall the software from the internet because apparently other people have had similar problems using the discs provided (with Macs.) We learned this through one of many trouble shooting message boards and I thank GOD for the world wide web. How did we manage to live without it for so many centuries??? I found comfort knowing that people in Bangladesh were having similar issues with their printer and were one blinking red light away from smashing their Hookah pipes into theirs. Now I am on a mission to purge all the nonsense crap we keep on our big home office computer and my lap top. So far I've already transferred over 1,000 photos from my lap top to CDs but when I try to do that with our main computer the CD spits right out of the input tray. Since my patience level was maxed out beyond the limits yesterday, I'll save that project for another day. Definitely a day when I'm not pmsing.

In the meantime I've found this stress reduction therapy works very well. And ironically, this was one of the first things we were able to print..



Oh and I almost forgot. I had a dream last night that we returned this printer for another one that was the size of a station wagon that we had to keep in the garage. There were gigantic gray cords zig zagging all around the house that we kept tripping over and we had to keep the garage door propped open because the cords were so thick the door wouldn't close. I was a nervous wreck because I was afraid that Chumley would get out and I kept asking Tom if we could PLEASE find something smaller and perhaps keep it in the house. He bellowed something like, "This is the last printer we will ever OWN!!!" and it was in a deep Darth Vader type voice which is so unlike his usual demeanor. I woke up actually appreciating the one we have now! Quite a change from where I was 9 hours before.

I do apologize for my outbursts of anger yesterday. But if you could have witnessed the scene first hand (which lasted from 4:00 til almost midnight!) you would have understood why I was Googling the CEO of Hewlett Packard for a home address so I could send him a horse's head to sleep next to at night. Ok maybe that's a little extreme but I did intend to anonymously mail him tiny piece after tiny piece of what used to be our old printer in hopes that he would attempt to make their printers more MAC compatible. I even drafted a letter which I'm saving (along with pieces of the printer) just in case.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I have a Mac and an HP printer and their relationship hangs in the balance every day. I know how you feel. They don't like "talking" when I try to scan, so I don't. Every time I print I get a little nervous that it won't work. But it usually does. Sometimes in the middle of printing the job just stops. They're both so pissy. So I have to start over again. From the beginning. Not great when you're printing out 5 copies of a 119 page screenplay. But eventually it gets the job done.

Me said...

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I've not even attempted to use the SCANNER yet! I probably will never use it. I'm sure glad we spent the extra money to get the all-in-one!!!