Friday, June 01, 2007

Bear Down

I knew it was only a matter of time. Wrig's decided tonight was the night to de-bowel Chumley's bear. We didn't know what was going on at first, but we realized that Wrigs was way too quiet. We found him violently ripping the stuffing out of Chum's bear and tossing the flaccid bear around like a rag doll. I immediately freak out and scream "Nooooooooo!" Tom shushes me and tells me not to make a big deal about it because he didn't want Chumley to rush in and witness the devastation. I quickly pick up the innards as fast as I can and stuff them back into the bear. I turn around only to see Chum watching in horror. I hide the bear behind my back, grab my sewing kit and go to work...

Good Lord. If anyone were to ask, "So how did you spend your Friday night?" I'd tell them, "Oh you know, the usual. Sat around watching the Golf Channel while frantically sewing up my cat's love toy. And you?"

But it's all worth it. Here are the lovers, getting reacquainted...


And after a few sniffs and licks, all was normal again...


Chumley loves to love his bear in the same spot, right by the doggy gate separating Wrigs from the rest of the house. Wrigs of course runs to the gate for a front row seat when he hears the mating cries from Chumley. I tried to capture a pic but the big lug turned around to look into the camera. He's such a a ham. You can kind of see Chum in the background through the little door.

I'm thinking youtube is the way to go with this footage.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wait a minute. You have a gate so that WRIGS doesn't have free reign of the house?????