Friday, August 14, 2009

since you've been gone

Tom and I like to make up stupid songs for each other. If we hear a song on the radio or on our pod we'll change the lyrics around to poke fun at or be mean to each other. All in fun. Most of the time.

So earlier today there was a segment on tv about Kelly Clarkson and they played a clip of Since You've Been Gone. Instantly Tom busts into his own rendition with:

"Since you've been gooooooone, I've had nothing but a GREAT TIME!"

He looked at me then laughed. I said that wasn't very nice and followed with:

"Since you've been gooooooone, I don't seeeeee anymore-black-socks-on-the-floor!" (I incorporated some dance moves too, while pointing at random socks strewn all over the closet/bedroom floor)

then he shouts out,

"Since you've been gooooooone, there's no more haaaaair stuck to the shower wall!"

so naturally I continue with:

"Since you've been gooooooone, I can't find a single nose hair in the sink!"

he tried not to laugh because he KNOWS this is SO TRUE and then came back with:

"Since you've been gooooooone, I get laaaaaid ALL the TIME!"

*crickets, crickets*

Yeah, we're done with this song.

7 comments:

Christina said...

While you were singing these songs to each other, I was simultaneously thinking "Laura really needs to be on a reality TV show. I would watch that ALL the time."

ChiTown Girl said...

Amen! I'm so with Christina!!

k a t i e said...

...gotta love how they take it too far :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like him and Rosie get awfully close when you're away!

lizziebelle said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA bankerman trims his beard in the sink. little orange hairs. and he snips out the white ones.

Gberger said...

I'm thinking that song isn't fun anymore. NEXT!

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. :-D :-D :-D

That was hilarious.