Monday, January 08, 2007

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!

It's now day 6 of my total closet re-org project and all seems to be going well. I took a much needed day and a half hiatus from the project due to mother nature. Let's just say PMS and closet cleaning are never to be attempted in concert. Aside from a knock down drag out fight between myself and a ganglia of unruly wire hangers, I have emerged victorious, with just a few minor scratches. The hangers, however, weren't so lucky. Actually after the battle was won, many of them didn't even look like hangers anymore. I tried to re-bend and contort them into somewhat of a hanger shape so I can drop them off at the dry cleaners where I will gladly hand them off to become someone else's source of frustration.

Last Christmas both my mother and mother-in-law bought me a set of
  • Huggable Hangers
  • Neither one was aware of the other's purchase. Coincidence? I think not. They both know I need help when it comes to my disaster zone of a closet. Let me tell you, these things are amazing! I can see why they are called Huggable Hangers because I just want to hug each and every one of them. But it's pretty hard to embrace a hanger. I don't recommend it. But your clothes will cling onto these hangers for dear life. Not even an earthquake will cause the tiniest of spaghetti straps to falter. They are truly remarkable. And this year for my birthday, my mother-in-law sent me another batch so now I have retired EVERY last wire hanger in my closet and it's incredibly liberating! I no longer have to claw through mounds of clothes scattered on the floor like a savage beast trying to find what it is I'm looking for. Anyone in need of a closet overhaul, look no further. You've found your salvation.

    No comments: