Friday, October 24, 2008

Baking for warmth


I have a Pumpkin Spice Cake baking right now and I've spent the last 42 minutes with my face and hands pressed up against the oven. And every few minutes I open up the door and get a heat blast to the face which feels soooooo good. I don't even care if my eye lashes get singed off. This kitchen has a double oven which originally I thought was a complete waste of an appliance but now I'm not so sure. The lower oven could warm my lower extremities and the animals too.

The cake is almost done. The house smells really good. Hopefully it covers up my stank.

5 comments:

Gina said...

be careful! no playing in the oven!! hehe

ChiTown Girl said...

How the hell do you expect the cake to bake properly if you keep opening the damn oven!! Shame on you! I could go for slice of the cake, though :)

Anonymous said...

How'd the cake turn out?

Clippy Mat said...

does that cake look like it has a face with a malevolently sinister grin?
or is it just me.
(as in my perception of the cake and not as in, me having a malevolently sinister grin.)
:-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sounds delish...nothing smells better than pumpkin and spice. YUMMO>