Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Days


They say death happens in three's and unfortunately this last month, this theory has proven true. A friend of mine sent me an email with this quote so I thought I'd share on here:

"Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality."
-Emily Dickinson

This is also quite fitting for Memorial Day. While we celebrate a free day from work/school/responsibility, and enjoy a picnic with friends and family, remember those who made it possible for us to be "free."

Not just today, but everyday.

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

A beautiful quote. Sorry for your recent losses. Take care, Suz

Desert Rat said...

Beautiful quote indeed. Also sorry for you recent losses.

Gberger said...

Thank you for posting this, and the lovely photo. I'm sorry for the losses. We all send our love to you & Tom. XOXO
P.S. On a totally unrelated note, but to make you smile:
David went out in the rowboat yesterday, & Latte & Liger sat on the hillside, watching like vultures. They wanted to go for a ride, too, so he took Latte with him. These cats = dogs!

TTQ said...

One of the things I love about my husband, everytime he sees a miltary person he goes up and shakes their hands says and "thank you for your service"

With Patrick Air Force base being over the bridge we see alot of them at our grocery store.

They are surprised and walk away with a smile.

Michelle said...

Pssst...I passed a little award to you over on my blog. :)