Monday, June 20, 2011

Healthier than day drinking...

I made this little video from all the photos I've collected on facebook. Tomorrow is the official first day of summer and quite frankly I'd be happy with Spring! I can count on one hand how many times we've woken up to blue skies since Spring started. Getting used to the lack of sun is still an adjustment and I'm not sure I'll ever really not be affected by it, but I think after my 3rd Spring I'm coming to the point where resisting the impossible and hoping for it to change is obviously stupid and futile. I'm trying to accept that this is just part of what comes with the NW territory and I either have to suck it up, move or find healthier ways to cope... hence the video (made during a bout with insomnia this weekend.) We are supposed to have several dry, clear days in a row and yes, that is fantastic but, it's nearing the end of June and we haven't had consistent sun in MONTHS so we darn well deserve it! I'm not going to do flip flops or cartwheels when the sun finally decides to pop out. I think that was just adding to the highs and lows because when it goes away the anxiety for whence it might or might not return was just too much. So if the sun comes out great, it's supposed to, it's called summer. Almost

Happy day before summer to all of you!!!



4 comments:

F said...

I turn on the Today show and watch Al talk about the rain in the northwest I think of you! Can't believe it's 3 years now.

Anonymous said...

We had rain for a week the sun never came out and everyone in the family was miserable. I don't no how you deal.

Tracy said...

I had my boyfriend who went to college at U of WA watch this with me and he said that's just how he remembers it. He loved Seattle but is happy it was only for 5 years. He wants to me to visit as I've never been, but says only in the summer. Hopefully that will be soon. :)

Tracy in Ohio

Australian Stephanie said...

I wish I could send you some of Sydney's sunshine, I'd happily exchange them with some of the gray days on your video. Hope you have somewhere lovely booked for the holidays!