Sunday, February 28, 2010

things heard in our house

When Tom watches the golf channel, he'll shout out random phrases or terms (sort of tourette's like) and if I'm in the other room I'll think he's saying something to me so I'll yell "What?" and he'll yell back "Slippery Slope" and then I realize he's just talking to himself about some stupid hole of golf.

This happens all the time and it's so annoying.

And poor Chum won't leave the comforts of his little hole and from time to time Wrigley will get up and sniff him but in doing so he sticks his big head through the hole. More often than not I have to yell, "Wrigley get your head out of his hole!"

As I'm blogging this right now Tom just announced, "You never leave birdie putts short." Good to know.

And while I'm on the topic of things heard or said in our house I'll share something that will definitely fall into a "TMI" category so consider yourself warned...

When one of us is in the bathroom with the door closed it usually means, STAY AWAY. Well our doors have frosted glass panels so even though you can't see anything, you can still hear noises behind the closed door. So Tom and I like to interpret the sounds we hear if one of us is um, sitting in there...

It goes something like this:

Tom's in the bathroom, I'm washing my face by the sink. *noises noises noises* from inside the bathroom.

me: Tom are you squeezing the last of the shampoo bottle into the toilet?

him: Hahaha very funny.

(then when I'm in there)

him: Laura did you just spray the fire extinguisher into the toilet???

me: (out of breath) No.

him: Then do you NEED a fire extinguisher?

me: (panting) No. I do not.

(and then his turn again, perhaps after dinner at the Indian restaurant)

me: Tom? Are you boiling a pot of chili in there?

him: Yes. You want to taste it?

me: That's really inappropriate.

Oh and another thing I like to do is sing the song "You dropped a Bomb on Me" but I change the lyrics around a bit. Yes, I know we have issues.

He's still watching golf but keeps saying "It's the last hole. Last hole. This is last hole."

Torture.

4 comments:

Gberger said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I'm crying. Thanks for the fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GAWD! You are the funniest 2 people I 'Know'!! I'm forwarding this onto my brother because we used to do something like this when we were younger. Thank you for making my Monday!

Sarah said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying to! I have to read it again and maybe again. Oh thank you for that!!! I needed it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I how the love the poopie posts.