Saturday, January 02, 2010

yuck toe

me: I think I have a toenail fungus.

Tom: Why??? Why do you say this?

me: Because, I took off my nail polish and my big toe is the color of scrambled eggs.

Tom: Seriously Laura??? There are some things you really don't need to tell me.

me: Well, what do I do?

Tom: I don't know. I've never had yuck toe.

me: I guess I'll just paint over it.

Tom: There's only so much I can take and this, isn't one of them.

me: Do you wanna see it?

Tom: No.

(I start to remove my sock)

Tom: NO!!!


5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Yes! We need MORE Tom and Laura stories!! I've missed these!

Gberger said...

Isn't it funny, how we have a need to SHARE? I have much more of a need to share this kind of info than Gregg does. You can tell me this stuff; I don't mind.

My friend tells me that Lamisil (sp?) is the thing to use. She says it won't work right away, but to keep applying it, and eventually it will solve "yuck toe." I need some, too (but don't tell Tom).

cheeky said...

toenail fungus SUCKS - i am just getting over it on both of my big toenails. it's taken 4 months.

i soaked my feet in apple cider vinegar a couple times a week for a half an hour then applied an anti-fungal from the drug store. it helps too if you file your toenails down and snip snip snip them away.

keep toenail polish off for sure- if you let it grow it will never ever go away!

good luck!!!

cheeky said...

oh and get rid of any shoes you wear all the time without socks - the fungus is living in those shoes!

and run out and get bunch of extra nail files and a new toenail clipper just for your feet - it's contagious

(sorry to be a downer but i don't want anyone else to have to go through what i went through!)

Unknown said...

omg, I couldn't breath for a few seconds b/c I was in a fit of hysterical laughter. Omg. **wheeez*