Sunday, August 08, 2010

Psychotic Pet Sitter

I'm cat sitting for some friends this weekend and their cat, Gracie, is known around town as being somewhat aloof to others and not very friendly. When I went yesterday she was curious but not too interested in getting close and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I kept my distance. When I came by this morning she was super sweet and affectionate and after some coaxing even let me snuggle and kiss her. I took some photos to send to my friends and wrote this text, (using predictive text not the keyboard) letting them know all was ok:

"Gracie is so incredibly loving today. Pushed her head into mine and was grunting while I stabbed her ears."


What I tried to type was "rubbed" but accidentally hit an extra "b" key. I quickly shut down my phone while the text was sending and thankfully it didn't go thru. Not exactly the kind of thing you want to read while your animal's in someone else's care.



She's such a little sweetheart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this Gracie, the world traveler??

Me said...

Yes it is! Who might this be???

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm the one who got the vicarious thrills from their lovely trip to NZ. I admire them so much for including their pets in that adventure. Gracie must be a very adaptable cat!

TFOLW1GA7C AKA YKW

Me said...

Awww so sweet! Were you able to view their pics on FB? What an adventure for all 4 of them! They are good peeps, just like you. :O)

Anonymous said...

That just made me snort, and I don't snort.